Motherhood is hard. In fact, I am typing this post up while my boys are getting a good night's rest. This is the only time that I actually experience complete silence, no distractions and have the opportunity to cross a few items off of my to-do list. Ironically, I am using a shot of 5-hour ENERGY® to put a bit of pep into my step (well, my fingers are doing most of the walking for now). I haven't nodded off once. I would say, "mission accomplished"! Well, almost.
Before my head hits the pillow and I begin counting sheep, I wanted to share with you this amazing video contest that 5-hour ENERGY® is hosting. It's the 5-hour ENERGY® "Yummification" video contest and it requires some creative juices, both figuratively and literally. There are a lot of cash prizes involved as well (think dream vacation, paid debt, shopping spree...you feel me?!). Here is what you need to know.
· Drink creations must follow the approved/non-approved ingredients guidelines (i.e. no caffeinated beverages or alcohol)
· To enter the contest, visit www.5houryummification.com and follow the instructions to complete the entry form; “Like” 5-hour ENERGY® on Facebook, then create and submit a video that is no longer than 60 seconds showing an original combination being made, tasted, and named (creativity counts!)
· One grand prize winner will receive $50,000, and the following prizes will also be awarded:
o Second Prize (1): Thirty Thousand Dollars ($30,000)
o Third Prize (1): Ten Thousand Dollars ($10,000)
o Fourth Prizes (10): One Thousand Dollars ($1,000)
Entries must be received by August 19, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. EDT to be eligible. No purchase necessary. US residents only. 18 years and up.
To enter, visit www.5houryummification.com and follow the instructions to complete the entry form or “Like” the 5-hour ENERGY® page on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/5HourEnergyShot and follow the instructions to click the contest tab.
· For official rules, visit 5houryummification.com.
I was sent a complimentary variety pack of 5-hour ENERGY® shots with assorted regular strength flavors to try out. This was perfect for me because I am not a huge coffee drinker. I need something that will deliver the same punch, and 5-hour Energy does just that. I was also given a gift card to purchase mixers to create a yummy drink (and enter the contest if I wanted to). I had no clue where to begin, so I just went with something simple and came up with this:
This is all I used:
- 1 CUP of Grapefruit Juice (you can squeeze or use it straight from the bottle)
- 1/4 CUP of Lemon Juice (I like to squeeze the lemons because the taste is better)
- 1 Bottle of 5-hour Energy ORANGE flavor
- First, squeeze/add the grapefruit juice into a cup, dish, whatever.
- Then, cut a lemon or lemons in half. Remove any seeds, if desired. Squeeze/pour the juice into the grapefruit juice.
- Lastly, add the 5-hour ENERGY® Orange.
- Using a different cup, preferably a Mason jar for added coolness, fill with ice. Transfer the mixed beverage to the container.
- Sip through a straw.
You should also know a little information about 5-hour ENERGY® shots:
· 5-hour ENERGY® shots are dietary supplements that provide hours of energy and alertness
· Contain a blend of B-vitamins, amino acids, and essential nutrients
· Helps people feel alert and energized for hours
· Zero sugar, zero carbs, zero herbal stimulants and 4 calories!
· Caffeine in a 5-hour ENERGY® shot is comparable to a cup of the leading premium coffee
· May consume up to 2 bottles of 5-hour ENERGY®, spaced several hours apart. For moderate energy, drink ½ bottle of 5-hour ENERGY®
5-hour ENERGY® is not an energy drink or intended to be mixed with alcohol. It is not intended for children, women who are pregnant or nursing, or people with medical conditions. It does not increase physical performance, dexterity, or endurance and does not treat or cure any disease or medical condition. Do not drink more than two per day, do not drink more than one at a time.
I'm a sucker for creative contests and giveaways. I like it when you have to come up with an idea instead of being chosen randomly. It makes winning that more special. I decided to enter and submitted my video. I guess we'll all find out who the chosen finalists are together. Good luck to you all. Here is my video entry:
I'll follow up with more information on the winners. I can't wait to see the different combinations that people come up with . For now, follow 5-hour Energy on Twitter, @5hourEnergy, for updates.
Thanks to my veloCITy creation for helping me complete this post. I didn't think I would make it.
Don't miss a post! Have Mommy 2K updates delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here.