I wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth (it was more like plastic), but I never had to wash one growing up either. It wasn't until I reached my teenage years that I begin to understand that I needed to help around the house.
Don't get me wrong, there was a lot for me to do. I just thought that picking up my socks, straightening my Barbie dolls, rearranging the posters on my wall, and organizing my outfits for the school week qualified as "chores". Man was I wrong!
I'm noticing that history has a funny way of repeating itself. My son has managed to escape having chores for quite some time. It's not that he doesn't have them, it's more so a problem of consistency. After ten years, we still haven't found a rhythm. I blame it on our hectic, on-the-go, lack of organization-ness!
Watch and listen to what Kaden thinks about chores:
All I heard was, "I don't really care" and "I need to relax". Thanks goodness we were introduced to Goalforit.com. Now, I can easily create a chore chart for Kaden and the entire family.
This FREE Chore Chart can help teach kids, tweens & teens many important lessons, including:
- Responsibility; A Chore Chart is an ideal way to help your kids feel like they are making a contribution to their family by doing their part around the house.
- Understanding right from wrong; Setting behavior goals is an important way to help children strengthen their character and judgment.
- Healthy Habits; Teaching good habits involving nutrition and physical activity are the cornerstone of prevent obesity in children and adolescents.
- Money Matters; The optional point system teaches children three important lessons for managing money; earning, spending and saving.
|Step 1: Name your chart and pick a color for the chart canvas|
|Step 2: choose items to add to your chart.|
|Here is Kaden's chart!|
- It was simple and easy to create a chart
- I can create a chart for different ages. There's an option for kids, tweens and teens.
- I can go back in the week if I forget to check off a chore.
- I can add points to particular chores to create a rewards system.
- I can customize my own tasks to add.
Goalforit has a lot of potential. The core of the idea is already a great one. The simplicity is refreshing. Anyone can go on the site and create a chart.
We're definitely going to give this a shot!
I was compensated for giving my insights about and reviewing the Goalforit.com site thanks to MomSelect. The opinions and views are my own.