Take a look at that smile to your right. To me, it was perfect. That missing tooth added character to just about every school portrait from pre-k to 2nd grade.
Kaden lost his first tooth at the age of 11 months while playing at home. It took years to get that one tooth to come back, and when it finally did, it was as crooked as ever.
It was cute then, but eventually children grow up and become young adults. They want straight teeth.
Over the last few years, Kaden's teeth have straightened up on their own. Unlike my teeth– which have gaps, spacing, are small, and discolored– his smile is pretty great for not having any help from braces. These resources weren't available to me growing up, but with advances in technology and affordable payment plans, Invisalign is helping families all across the country achieve better smiles and raising self-esteem.
I've been lucky enough to see my son's smile on a daily basis because he is always laughing, or making fun of me. He uses his "pearly whites" as bait when he is trying to seal the deal on getting a new video game or some other ridiculous item. He seems to be doing a great job.
But, I know his smile can look even better. That's where Invisalign Teen™ comes in.
About Invisalign Teen
Invisalign Teen is part of the Invisalign product family developed by Align Technology, Inc. Invisalign Teen is a clear, plastic aligner therapy that was developed with leading orthodontists who understand the active lifestyles, unique treatment and compliance needs of teens. An effective alternative to metal braces, the new Invisalign Teen product combines the benefits of the proven Invisalign system with new features like blue Compliance Indicators that are designed to gradually fade as the aligner is worn, Eruption Tabs that accommodate the growth of secondary molars, and other features that address clinical needs common to teen patients. For more information on Invisalign Teen, please visit: www.invisalignteen.com.Of course Kaden is not quite ready for this treatment, but as he approaches his 10th birthday this December, it is something to consider.
According to a new nationwide survey of 12-to-17 year-olds from Align Technology, Inc., makers of Invisalign Teen™ , "teen boys are more mindful of all the negative things that go along with wearing metal braces, while girls are a little more willing to see the brighter side." The survey goes on to say that teens in general complain of being made fun of for wearing metal braces and it's also physically painful to wear braces because of the metal. It may not seem like a big deal, but it is.
With issues like bullying already so rampant in schools today, who needs another thing to add to the list of reasons to be picked on. Surely the outcome is positive, whether a child wears metal braces or chooses Invisalign Teen. But if I can help make life just a little easier for my child, I say go for it!
There are a few factors that stick out when considering Invisalign Teen for Kaden. I love that:
- It fits their active lifestyles. - Since the Invisalign Aligners are comfortable and durable, it is easy for teens to continue their favorite activities such as playing sports and musical instruments - activities that can be challenging or uncomfortable with traditional metal braces.
- It looks great. - Invisalign's near-invisibility is still one of the most popular features for teens; treatment is very inconspicuous, making it easier for teens to "fit in" rather than call attention to their treatment.
- It’s removable. - Since teens can take the aligners out to brush and floss, they can maintain normal, healthy hygiene during treatment. - They can eat what they want - no forbidden foods
- It’s comfortable. - Invisalign Teen Aligners are made of lightweight plastic that is custom-fitted to each patient’s teeth. - There are no wires or uncomfortable metal brackets poking or tearing their mouths or gums.
- It’s innovative and it works. - Invisalign Teen solves an age-old problem with a new technology and a fresh approach. - Like traditional braces, Invisalign Teen effectively straightens teeth.
If these don't sell you on investing in Invisalign Teen, I don't know what will. What I do know is it's never too late to achieve the perfect smile. In fact, getting Invisalign at the same time with your child can be a great bonding experience. Great teeth means more smiles and a lot of laughs.
|I'll always smile, no matter what. But, having a healthy smile would be great!|
If you are wondering whether or not you make a great candidate for Invisalign Teen, use the Teen Self Assessment Tool found on the website.
To learn more about Invisalign or to find an Invisalign-trained doctor in your area, please visit www.invisalign.com or call 1-800-INVISIBLE.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post for Invisalign. I will receive a gift card for sharing this information. I am also being considered for the Invisalign Teen Mom Advisory Board program which may result in Invisalign treatment for me or my son. As always, the opinions and views are my own.