I know the holidays have us all occupied. There are items to purchase, food to prepare, and stress to manage. Why not toss in a craft along the way? I know I am always at peace when I'm crafting. You should try it.
With Christmas just right around the corner (it's peeking around it in fact), I thought I would share some cool projects that you could create for #CanYouTopThis to be entered to win 1 of 3 $100 Walmart gift cards.
Take a look at what my son made using the scraps from my #CanYouTopThis:
|It's an ice-skating rink.|
|He even added a ticket booth outside the ice-skating rink|
I wanted to make it clear that the project does not have to TOP or BEAT any of the leaders for this round. You can make a small craft, a large craft, a kid's craft, an out-of-this-world craft, but you just have to create it using an Elmer's Tri-Fold Display board (cardboard or foam).
Perhaps you need some inspiration. Well, you can take a look at all the great ideas thus far by visiting the official #CanYouTopThis website (www.canyoutopthis.net). You can even visit the blogs of each Round 2 leader:
Savvy Chic Savings
Scraps of my Geek Life
Our Crazy Boys
Here are a few craft ideas for the holidays (using an Elmer's Tri-Fold Board):
- Make your own New Year's Eve ball
- Take pictures over the holidays and paste them to a board with decorations
- Set-up a secret wrapping station and hide behind the board
- Cut out ornaments for the tree
- Make calendars for 2011 and post them to the board
- Make a face backdrop (like the one Tonya created) for New Year's Eve and take silly pics