Have you ever wanted to make a difference, but you didn't know how? Well, I'm here to tell you how a simple post can make a huge difference in classrooms across the country.
Weeks ago, I began working with Collective Bias and Elmer's Glue on a campaign called Bag It Forward. If you've been paying attention to my sidebar, you may have noticed a button showcasing school supplies purchased from Wal-Mart as well. There is a great reason for all of this effort. Want to know how you can help?
HOW CAN YOU JOIN? It’s easy.
- Participate in the Elmer’s Virtual Bag It Forward and by giving away a virtual bag of school supplies and creating a blog post with specific rules described below.
- Elmer’s will donate up to $10,000 to Adopt-A-Classroom.
- You can give as many virtual bags as you want.
- The Elmer’s Virtual Bag It Forward will officially begin at 12 AM EST on July 22, 2010 and end at 12 PM EST on August 12, 2010. Blog posts submitted to us before or after that time period will not be counted.
- The blog post link has to be submitted in the comment section below for your participation to be counted.
- In addition copy and paste the following text into your blog post:
- Copy and paste these rules into your blog post.
- Create a blog post giving a “virtual bag of school supplies” to other bloggers or write about your Back to School shopping trip at Walmart.
- Link back to the person who gave you a bag of school supplies.
- Let each person you are giving a virtual bag of school supplies know you have given them a bag.
- Leave your link in the Elmer’s Virtual Bag It Forward comment section. You can also find the official rules of this virtual #bagitforward program there.
- Elmer’s is donating $10 for each blog participating in the Virtual Bag It Forward Donation to Adopt-A-Classroom (up to total of $10,000 for blog posts written by August 12, 2010).
- Please note that only one blog post per blog url will count towards the donation.
Remember, Elmer's will donate $10 per each post written to Adopt-A-Classroom, up to $10,000. So spread the word for a great cause.
Now, not only can you make a difference, but you can also WIN A DESKTOP COMPUTER. Imagine all the homework, projects, and fun you could accomplish on a new computer.
If you want details on how to enter, visit Crafty Mama of 4 and Mamanista for details. You must hurry. This giveaway ends September 10, 2010. Post it on your blog, tweet, create a note on Facebook. Whatever you do report it. $10 may not seem like a lot, but with a group effort, YOU-WE can make a difference.
- Full Tower Outer Carton
- Windows 7 Ultimate DSP
- Intel i7 860 Processor
- Thermaltake Chassis
- OCZ 4GB DDR3 PC3- 1333 (2GBx2)
- Intel DP55WG Motherboard
- Seagate 1.5TB SATA Hard Drive
- Seagate 500GB Replica External Hard Drive
- OCZ 60GB SSD Drive
- EVGA GeForce GT 240 512MB DDR5 PCIe
- Lite On 24X DVDRW SATA
- Viewsonic 22’’ LCD Monitor
- Logitech Illuminated Keyboard
- Logitech M500 Mouse
- Microsoft Office 2007 Pro
- Belkin 7- Outlet Surge Suppressor