Tuesday, I visited my son's school for back-to-school night. It was flooded with inquisitive parents seated in the cafeteria and fanning themselves with the materials that were handed out for the night. The principal spoke, the P.T.A. President spoke, and everyone held onto their every word.
After listening to the speakers, parents were dismissed to visit their child's classroom. There were tables strategically placed in the school's lobby for parents to purchase school spirit wear, get a glimpse at an upcoming fundraiser, and join the P.T.A.
So far I love my son's teacher. She seems to be well-organized, passionate about teaching, and experienced. I know the dedication it takes to be a teacher. I studied it in college for two years before deciding to become a business major (and eventually leaving school altogether). It was a lot of work, but well worth it.
His teacher gave a great presentation. She informed us of their daily schedule, what is required of each student, and upcoming field trips and events. We were even shown artwork. Here is Kaden's self portrait:
Now that school is back in session, how will you manage your busy schedule?
I was excited to see that there were a couple of Jimmy D's $1 off coupons in the literature handed out by the P.T.A. We are definitely going to try the products out. The mornings can be a bit of a disaster if we are off schedule by the slightest minute.
You can get your coupon by visiting www.jimmyds.com. Better yet, enter to win below:
- A coupon to try-out a FREE Jimmy D's product
- Leave a comment on this post answering the following question: What is your back-2-school tip for staying organized or maintaining order for your family?
- Follow my blog publicly through Google Friend Connect (right sidebar)
- LIKE Jimmy Dean on Facebook
- Tweet this post using the RETWEET BUTTON (post URL of tweet in comments)
- Follow @IamKeonte on Twitter
- Follow my blog through Networked Blogs
- Subscribe to my blog through an Email Subscription
Disclosure: "I did not receive monetary compensation for writing this post. I was provides FREE COUPONS thanks to DavElle Consulting. Opinions expressed are my own and do not reflect those of the sponsor."