I secretly want to be a skater. Sadly, my dream has been shattered, so I'll just do what most parents do when this happens...I'll live vicariously through my son.
We were given The Shred Sled to review thanks to Team Mom. They have be gracious enough to provide us with some really great products lately. We are definitely having fun. This mom loves toys!!
We picked the perfect time to go. The park was nearly empty. That was a relief. I didn't want anyone spying on us as we attempted to
Kaden was eager to hop on. Ever since it's arrival in the mail, he would bother me about testing the Shred Sled almost every single hour. In fact, he talked about riding it the whole time in the car as we were on our way to the park. He had Shredding on the mind.
About The Shred Sled:
The Shred Sled is the first 4-wheel inline, dual-deck board that makes it smoother and easier for kids and adults to ride. The board's flexible connector allows both decks to rotate around the vertical and horizontal zeds so it's easy to maneuver.
Before we even started, Kaden knew he had to put on a helmet. Being that we had never tried the Shred Sled before, there was a lot of room for error and uncertainty. Besides, safety is important when dealing with most activities outdoors. Check out Kaden's cool helmet that his grandmother purchased for him. You can color it with permanent markers for your own personalization.
- Boards are available in one of three colors: black, blue, or red.
- The Shred Sled is available nationwide at stores and online for approx. $59.99
- It is appropriate for ages 8 and up
- Riders should always wear protective safety gear when using The Shred Sled.
- Visit www.ShredSled.com for more information
We were ready. But was the Shred Sled ready for us?
Take a look at this video to see just how we made out on The Shred Sled.
We had a blast. We were at the park for an hour, and Kaden managed to learn how to ride. Me on the other hand, well, I'll need a little more practice.
What I liked about The Shred Sled:
- Innovative. Riding a normal skateboard is just that, normal. The 4-wheel inline concept was intriguing.
- Challenging. It wasn't easy at first, but with each try we both became better. We noticed progress.
- Smooth. The ride is really smooth. There were a few twigs on our path and I hardly felt them.
- Cool. Even if you can't ride so well, at least you look cool doing it.
- Exciting. Kaden loves the thrill of The Shred Sled. He loved making it go.
- Physical. you need your hips, legs, and arms to move the board. Great workout.
What I did not like about The Shred Sled:
- Challenging. If you aren't up to it, this could lead to frustration. Practice patience.
- Intimidating. It invokes a bit of fear your first time riding. Take a deep breath and go for it.
The Shred Sled is definitely a great item to add to any list, whether it be birthday, Christmas, or just because. Get yours now.
Visit www.ShredSled.com for more information. Follow @TheShredSled on Twitter or The Shred Sled on Facebook.
Disclosure: "I did not receive any monetary compensation for this review. I received The Shred Sled free of charge to facilitate my review thanks to The Shred Sled and Team Mom. Opinions expressed are my own."