She gave us the "Kiss of Life" and changed our souls forever. Sade is classic, and this is evident through her long and successful stint in the music game (twenty-five years to be exact). Now, she is back with her new album titled, Soldier of Love.
Before I discuss the brillance of this new album, let us acknowledge how beautiful Sade is. Take a look at two shots fromt he album artwork:
It has been awhile since Sade released an album. In fact, the year 2000 was the last studio release with Lover Rock which sold millions of albums. Soldier of Love is sure to please with 10 new tracks. The title track, "Soldier of Love" is brilliant. It's as if you are marching to the beat of Sade's drum. Take a peak at the video:
While I love the catchy rhythm of the title track, I immediately took a liking another song called "Babyfather". I made several assumptions about where this song would take me, but I remembered the brillance behind the song. Sade always brings out the class in her songs. "Babyfather" is a well-written song whose lyrics explain the joys of parenthood. This is what Sade said this particular song is:
"about how great it is to be a parent, what a great honor and privilege that is, and what a terrible thing that is to waste. As long as you feel good about yourself, you can be a good parent, and then it becomes an endless fruitful cycle."For more information on this cd, please visit the official Sade page.
This would make a great Valentine's gift for that special someone, or, a Sade fan.
- A copy of Sade's new cd Soldier of Love (value $13.98)
- Leave a comment telling me who is the "special someone" in your life who would receive the cd to and why.
- Follow my blog (right sidebar)
- Tweet this: 3 winners. Enter to win a copy of Sade's new cd, Soldier of Love from @IamKeonte http://bit.ly/SadeCD Ends 2/22
- Follow @IamKeonte on Twitter
- Follow my blog through Networked Blogs
- Subscribe to my blog through an Email Subscription
- Complete any other entry...Digg, Stumble, Tweet, whatever you think of!
There was no monetary compensation for this review, but the item(s) for review was/were provided free-of-charge. All opinions are solely those of the blog author, Keonte'.
Big thanks to Big Honcho Media for the opportunity.