Picked #5 from Wedding Warrior, then #21 from The Verdict. Randomized the two numbers and #21 was first. CONGRATULATIONS to #21 LeNesha.
My Mom turned 46, BTW.
While most of you are pondering what pranks to pull on your co-workers, what jokes to tell your partner, or how to pull-off some other mischievous act, I'll be deciding on a perfect gift to give my Mother for her birthday.
Back to my Mother. -------------------->
She's going to kill me for putting this picture up, but believe me, I have more embarrassing pictures locked away in the archives. Please don't force me to bring them out (like the yard sale get-ups when we were color-coordinated to take pictures for the church directory...yeah, that one)!
I just wanted to take a moment (and I do mean moment because I am literally falling asleep at the keyboard) to share how lucky I am to have a Mom who has been there for everything. I want to stress the importance of how unconditional her love has been for me. I have not always been the perfect daughter some of you may think I appear to be (lmao), but I've been wise enough to know I have been perfect in my Mom's eyes.
Guess it's hard to tell looking at this face.
As my Mom celebrates her birthday today, I would like to thank her for everything, but here's a list of a few of my fondest thank-you's for:
- weekend trips to the mall
- defining and demonstrating domestication
- not applying to be a grandmother, but still taking the position
- listening to age-appropriate music
- maintaining a comparable clothing size so we could swap wardrobes
- turning me on to every type of 'scent' mechanism on the market (Glade, Airwick, etc.)
- footing the bill, and lots of them
- no always taking my side, but standing close enough
- taking on Lupus with a positive attitude
- letting me spend summer's with my other family
- laughing at my jokes
- listening to my problems
- bringing me soup when I was sick
- returning my phone calls
- not naming me Brianne
- showing me how to love
My phone pal.
My giver of life.
My domestic diva.
My loan shark (lol).
My shopping buddy.
I know it's hard to believe I could do a giveaway for my Mom's birthday post. However, this one is simple and quick. All you need to do is:
- Guess how old my Mom turns today.
- You may guess up to 3 times. Each time, leave a separate comment.
- FOLLOW my blog. (sidebar)
- SUBSCRIBE by email. (sidebar)
- FOLLOW me on Twitter.
- Tweet about the contest & leave the status url. (umlimited)
- Leave the url address & page where your BUTTON is located through Mr. Linky.
- WHAT's YOUR FAVORITE MAGAZINE? (that can be easily purchased in a grocery or Mart store)
- Glade Sense & Spray Automatic Spray ($9.99) - they're everywhere in her house
- A Starbuck's GiftCard ($5) - She drinks the strawberry frappuccino
- Magazine choice left in your comment. If you do not leave one, I will pick. (up to $6) - O
THE CASE: Celebrating life, parenthood, and motherhood by giving them recognition.
THE VERDICT: Guilty